Are you an ambitious accounting and finance professional seeking to join a high-growth scale-up? Do you enjoy both operational and strategic challenges?
Your.Rentals is looking for a data driven CFO to join our team in Malmö. We’re looking for a finance and accounting professional who has a strong drive to improve and shape the financial performance of a fast growing company. Your mission will be to create a profitable and sustainable path in terms of people, product and processes.
You'll be joining our motivated team counting 20+ nationalities in a scale-up environment. Join our team of more than 45 people headquartered in Copenhagen with offices in Malmö and Hanoi. In a flat organisation, you will report to the CEO and work closely with other team members every day.
What will I be doing?
As CFO you’ll be responsible for ensuring that our accounting and finance routines run smoothly in an ever-changing environment, working closely with outsourced accounting support in Denmark, Sweden and Vietnam, ensuring that new product and service initiatives have the right financial fundamentals, seeking to drive automation to remove manual work, and improving our financial metrics.
- Design and implement financial processes and management control structures.
- Leading and driving an efficient monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, ensuring that accurate and timely financial reporting is completed for other leaders in the business, our Board and liaising from time to time with major investors.
- Operational management responsibilities including managing accounting routines, cash flow management, payables and A/R, taxes, payroll, and managing departmental budgets.
- Strategic responsibilities including development of budgets and cash flow planning; optimisation of P&L and Balance sheet performance; input into product planning regarding pricing, billing and payment processes.
- Managing our small finance team of external contractors and Vietnam office manager.
- Ensuring compliance within the countries in which we have operations and clients.
- Develop and drive the use of SaaS metrics to support commercial decision making, improving unit economics and drive towards sustainable profitability.
- Assisting the CEO with business planning, future fund raising, developing financial roadmaps etc.
What we are looking for
- University degree in management or economics (Masters, MBA), with major in Finance/Controlling/Accounting. Or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years experience, most recently in a senior finance role in a SaaS or e-commerce company with €10m - €50m+ turnover.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing finance processes, financial models, and financial planning.
- Use of BI for financial and KPI analysis and dimensioning - by geographic markets, customer segments, portfolios, product lines, acquisition sources etc.
- Experience working with other business leaders and specialists to help analyse, plan and track business performance initiatives.
- Experience managing outsourced team members.
- Experience of identifying and managing efficiency projects - for example pricing analysis and margin improvement.
- Experience preparing monthly, quarterly and year end financial statements.
- Work permit allowing you to work in Sweden (EU national).
Nice to have experience:
- Previous finance responsibility in either a Danish or Swedish company servicing an international market.
- Pricing strategies, modelling and analysis.
- Working with product owners and software engineers to design financial systems and integrations with accounting systems.
- Broader responsibilities, including program management, OKR and managing planning cycles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- A social nature, who enjoys contact with colleagues across the company.
- Continual desire to improve and automate routines.
- Highly analytical and metrics driven.
- Accurate and structured work style, combined with strong commitment.
Note: This position is based in Malmö, Sweden.